Today, at 2:00 pm Governor Tim Walz (DFL-MN) will announce his decisions regarding the extension or ending of the stay-at-home order. Walz has announced the Stay-at-Home order is extended and bars and restaurants will remain closed until May18th, retail locations can start curbside deliveries on May 11th. Mask wearing is strongly encourage in grocery settings. His main point is, “Continue what you’re doing.” To date, there are 5136 cases in Minnesota with 343 deaths.
The principles used for making the determination.
- Develop and publicly post a plan for how to open safely.
- Use online payment whenever possible.
- Employees and customers should wear masks and protective equipment.
- In curbside pick-up scenarios, social distancing guidelines apply. If possible, customers should not leave their vehicle.
- In delivery scenarios, items should be deposited outside a customer’s residence.
Tomorrow, Thursday, April 30, 2020, Governor Tim Walz will provide an update on the Stay Home Order and the State of Minnesota’s next steps to combat COVID-19. A small, predetermined press pool has agreed to cover the event in person in order to ask questions and take photos that will be made available afterwards. All other members of the press should plan to cover the event remotely by watching the briefing on the Governor’s YouTube Live page here.*
In addition to Walz; Department of Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm; Department of Employment and Economic Development Commissioner Steve Grove; and Homeland Security and Emergency Management Director Joe Kelly will be in attendance.